I went to Las Vegas with my family two weeks ago it was a well needed vacation. There are so many fun things to do, so Christians don’t worry…you don’t have to gamble to have fun!
I’ve been very busy lately with a full time job (that involves playing with kids so, it is the perfect summer job…kids are so cute and fun!), taking a college summer class (nutrition) for nursing, and keeping up with piano and music theory. And most importantly, twice a week I have Japanese tutoring…
Speaking of Japanese leads me to my really big announcement that I’ve been hinting at for the past few months.
I’M GOING TO JAPAN!!!!!
Yep, you’ve read right. I’m going to Japan. I’ll be there for a whole semester so, about 4 months.
I was going to tell you my back story and how much struggle and perseverance it took for me to accomplish this dream of mine, but I’ll save that for another post because it goes a lot deeper than just going to Japan and it requires some vulnerability on my part. It might be a private post.
So, as I embark and prepare for this new journey along with everything else coming up in these next few months, I kindly ask for your prayers:
- God’s guidance and His will to be done
- That I can be a light for Christ in a primarily atheistic and Buddhist/Shinto country
- That as I continue to study the Japanese language, that new study habits and techniques open up to me
- I do well in my nutrition class and preparation for my nursing career
- That my family is safe and won’t stress too much while I’m in Japan
God, you know the desires in my heart, but above all else, let your will be done. Amen.